Thursday, December 10, 2009

Plantation Livin'

I may be a bit distracted this blog entry. I'm watching Real Houswives of Atlanta Lost Footage. I'll try to focus, no promises.

Leo didn't sleep well at all last night. So, Dad, being the superGrandpa, offered for he and I to take the other three for a long walk and let E and Leo take a long morning nap. We went off for our big exploration. The plantation has incredible bike paths. E and I spent many days riding our bike through them when we were little. Seriously, all day long, we would ride our bikes, use our imagination, make up our own language, and ride all over "our" plantation. It's pretty cool to take our children through these same paths and watch Reeder and Eden play similar games and go off into their own worlds.


What they didn't have when we were little is an incredible nature center.
And somehow we never found this cool place. Nor had Dad. Aury Island, the girls had a blast.
And the doting grandfather followed them every step.
Papa didn't swing anyone high enough. What you can't see in this picture is the girls chanting "higher, higher!". I had to take over and really push these kids!
Ooooh, and I got away! The crazies dropped me off for a much needed pedicure and a more needed eyebrow waxing. 45 minutes to myself-heaven!
While I was in bliss, E bought everyone peppermint chocolate brownies. And, being the good aunt, I opened the box on the way home and handed 'em out. Wonder why Luda (Hayes' word for Leo that we all use know) loves me?
And Hayes always loves cho-ca.
E was scratching some big X, little x in everyone's back. They were in trances.
After the boys went to bed we got to making our gingerbread house. E making the icing....
Don't worry, we feed Eden, she's just naturally skinny-and YES, she's part Simmons!
They can't wait for Santa to eat it, share some with his reindeer and elves, and leave some for them. How will we get this back to Cincinnati?
The table was disgusting. So, after taking out all the tiles, E and I took it down to a beach shower to power hose the years of disgustingness off it.
And took this opportunity to have a cocktail...
And it's clean now!

That's a wrap-see ya manana!

3 comments:

  1. I loved see the beauty of Florda that is not endless beach- great trails- and hanging vines.
    And of course the children are all so enchanting.
    And the gingerbread house...

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amelia Island Blotter: "30 yr old mothers of 2 sneak out for beers under the guise of condo maintenance"

    ReplyDelete