Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Charleston to Savannah to Amelia

See ya Isle of Palms! You were great to us! And see ya Maranda, Scott, Thea, Todd, Jessica, Lila, Louisa and Hank!


Hello Savannah! It rained all day long-except while at our three stops! Lucky us! We decided to do a little Savannah today. And I mean very little. We walked around some of the gardens, threw in some mee-nah (Hawk word for money), and saw as much of Savannah as possible in a couple hours.
Leo, btw, fell in love with me today. We have seriously bonded!
All the kids were more than excited about the puddles. Eden put her new boots to some use!
And Reeder shows that she already has more hops than me, circa 1996.
Sometimes I think I'm a professional photographer-eat your heart out SLP! But really, with the material that I have traveling with me could I ever get a bad shot?
Heading down to River Road.
We had quite the discussion about cobble stones and why these streets are so bumpy and lumpy.
Then this very nice woman came up and offered to show the girls how to make roses out of palm leaves. We've got to see the local talent.
And I thought I was being sly...
And since we have managed to plan this trip when no one else is traveling anywhere. So, we have been pretty fortunate to get special treatments-like a carriage ride in downtown Savannah for only $10. The sign said that it should've cost us around $100. Nice job!
The whole crew!
We went to The Lady and Sons for lunch. The real reason behind this stop is because Cooper is absolutely obsessed with Paula Deen. Let's just say it wasn't quite low fat. Everything was triple battered. E's soup was straight buttermilk. All very good, I might add.
Eden sucked down some sweet tea!
E's fried green tomato!
And every so often you get a little pic of me. That's my stunning hand and crabcake.
So, now we sit in Amelia, listening to a fantastic storm hit the ocean through open porch windows, relaxing with my sis, preparing to watch top chef, four sleeping babies, a tired old man, and the best life this chick could ask for!

4 comments:

  1. These pictures are phenomenal! WOW- I'd love looking at them even if I didn't love the folks in them.
    And you do know how to pack a drive. We just stop for a quick "potty break" and another "DC". Not you! Everybody should travel like you. We'd all have a lot more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the pictures are amazing! i've always wanted to go to savannah. do they make eden's sparkle skirt in my size?

    ReplyDelete
  3. and i hope this doesn't come the wrong way, but leo is the prettiest baby! his eyes and he just looks so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the very nice lady with the 100% bitch tattoo!

    ReplyDelete