Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Gettin' Dizzy-the dream survives

The last morning at Leila and Shawn's we almost left Hayes snuggling with Leila...

3 hours later-HELLO CHARLESTON! And HELLO MARANDA! I hadn't seen her house before, either, so we had to make a quick stop to check out the new digs. Maranda is famous for her enchiladas, so maybe that was the real deciding factor for me to get into her kitchen. The kids loved her weiner dog, Molly, I don't think they've ever seen a dog that small. We had a huge discussion on what condiments would make Molly taste best.
There have been a few incredible changes in Maranda's life recently. One, well, not quite so incredibly, she wrecked her car a couple weeks ago. And, two, she met an AMAZING man, Scott. Will get to that... But, put those two things together and she's tootin' around Charleston in his "spare" car....
I jumped on the opportunity to GET OUT OF THAT VAN and hopped in the corvette with her. We headed to the beach house. Van in my side view mirror-wish that was my view for the next 1500 miles.
Another bonus of Scott-he is a property manager of this gorgeous house where I am typing! A screamin' good deal, and voila, we're on the beach, four bedrooms, porches galore! While relaxing on the couches, Dad and I were joking about how two and four years ago he had his "fainting episodes". They both landed him in the hospital for about three days, never figuring out what was going on. Hope it's not every two years, otherwise this might get interesting.
Papa took off, probably needed some quiet time and reflect on how much he loves all of us:) (Or wonder why he EVER agreed to this trip in the first place).
Instead of napping, the girls decided playing high ho cherry-oh would be a more productive use of time. Please note E in the background. This is what we Simmons girls do while watching trash tv-we stare at the Kardashians and smile. Look closely, she is smiling not at our wonderful families that are bonding and having a trip of a lifetime, but because Kourtney was leaving her boyfriend (yes, we know she's prego now).
And here is where it gets interesting. Maranda took Dad to the store... On the way home Dad started to feel dizzy. By the time I got to the car, the old dude couldn't move his head forward two inches without wincing in pain. Well, shit, Dad. Ten minutes later, a good prayer from Maranda behind us, we head to the hospital.

East Cooper medical center was wonderful. Super nice. Looks like prostate boy has been dehydrating himself for fear that he would inconvenience us by having to stop too much. Flomax on an empty stomach. = landing in the hospital. We've purchased a blood pressure cuff, keeping a log, and he's back to his usual wonderful, er, crazy self!

Unfortuately, I ran out the house without my camera (gasp), but Dad reminded me to use my phone before leaving. Here's him all back to normal, heading back Wild Dunes.

He was so excited about his "souvenir" cup from East Cooper.

Now that that is finished I have to confess to a major blob faupaux yesterday. I DIDNT TAKE ONE SINGLE PHOTO OF MARANDA'S MAN!!! Please, please, I beg of you, don't stop your fandom because of this omission. Trust me on this-he's hot, super nice, tall, good looking, nice (hmm, maybe I could learn another adjective) sweet, and he LOVES my girl! Wedding bells? Hmm...we'll see!

After dinner Maranda, Thea, E and I hung out catching up, solving the world's problems, you know, the usual stuff when you get four chicks together, two bottles of wine, and some Coors lite for yours truly.

Morning came a bit early, but can I complain?
And it's been a bit chilly. But a fort in the living room will make the three year olds forget that they aren't playing in the ocean.

Storytime Aunt Maranda! She is obviously engrossed in whatever tale Reeder and Eden are making up. Goblins? Can you believe it?
Hayes' reading material...
Time to play nuns. They were all calling each other Sisters. Too funny! Oh, and Eden was saying, the end, Amen.
Off to the beach for a chilly walk. After we got the girls shoes figured out. They bought matching boots-and I am sure you noticed a slight size different in the two of them. Well, Eden in size 11's made some tough walking until E and I were smart enough to realize the problem.
Papa and Leo (who is a HUGE Papa fan-probably because Dad saves him from The Hugger-Hayes) were waiting for us.
Wahoo! Beach time!
Awesome family pic. I think this is our first of the complete group. Not bad for balancing it on a piece of driftwood.
Tad windy...
Seriously, go back and look at the above photo of me real quickly, then below at E, resemblence? I thought I uploaded the same photo twice. Wierd...
LEO!!!
This is our trip-personalities reflected perfectly in this photo. Reeder- not really too into it, Leo- just happy to have not been forgotten, Eden-wild, Hayes-who knows what he's ever doing, falling, here, I suppose.
Yeah, well, no words needed.
I was helping Eden model like ANTM. She's smiling with her eyes, showing you her gorgeous curls from the beach.
Well, once again, no words needed.

3 comments:

  1. I hope the family photo with everyone! And I'm so glad that Jerry is doing better! (He should talk to Brandy about her "trick" for those long trips!) Have fun at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and poor hayes, he gets such a bad rap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad Jerry is feeling just fine- And know he loves being a MAJOR TOPIC of the BLOG- we do know what an attention hound he is!
    But it is all too fun- and I'm having so much fun reading- and looking at all the pics- I always tap on them so I can see the full screen version.
    And the beach looks beautiful. Don and I must get back to Charleston some time.
    Tell Maranda "hello" from me. And congratulations on her many happinesses...

    ReplyDelete