Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Dreamer chimes in...

I really can't remember how I got roped into this deal or how it ever got to be my dream - I think I wasn't paying attention when Marianne and Elizabeth cooked this up and I agreed to it thinking either that they were kidding or that it would never happen anyway and it least it would quiet them. Later, when I realized the fix I was in, I decided to go forward against my better judgment figuring it would either be the best vacation I ever had (not counting that HERSELF wasn't there for the whole time) or,more likely, the worst. Actually - aside from the first few hours with Hayes - I had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed it. With the help of medication, my blood pressure is returning to normal and, without medication, my ears have stopped ringing. I now remember why God gives you children when you're young and understand that grandchildren are your reward for not killing your children. I am glad, despite misgivings along the way, that we let Elizabeth and Marianne live.

1 comment:

  1. For a while when I listened to Marianne describe your "retirement" trip I thought perhaps you'd taken leave of your senses- or even worse lost your ever loving mind!
    But I read the adventure- and it was so much fun- and your girls will remember even longer than we will...And the story will live even longer than they'll remember.
    So I'm going to wait for your "next" dream- because I sure did love following this one!

    ReplyDelete